Search Results

Going Green

Now that we're feeling the summer heat during the -ber months and we experienced rainshowers during the summer months, the effect of global warming is really here. It's an impending doom, a friend once told me. I, for one, do what I can to minimize my carbon footprint. The company I work for, Carat Philippines, has a Green Bean Program that helps everyone in the group, and in the building, help in minimizing our footprints.

A few days earlier, I saw these signs along Dela Costa and Valero streets in Salcedo Village. It looks like the Makati City government is also helping and encouraging the public to minimize their emission of greenhouse gases by providing the E-JEEPNEY, which isn't really an alternative to the jeepney since there are currently no jeepneys on this route, but a new way to get around Salcedo Village without using your car.

Kudos to the Makati government for this initiative but it would be better if the E-Jeepney actually REPLACED the real one. Oh and by the way, it's free of charge. But for how long? =)


Here's the Green Route:

0 comments:

Post a Comment